Tuesday 19 January 2016

Intro

Hi all,

I'm a first year LIS student, and my background is theatre and English, and I've spent the past four years as a student journalist. Right now I'm a part-time student, and this is my "treat" class this semester - my one lonely elective. The future of book is something that fascinates me, mostly because I don't know what happens next and I really wish I did. I'm torn between how useful the digital world is and how much I like collecting solid objects, especially books.

I'll admit I know nothing about XML, but that's all about to change. My undergraduate degree was a joint program between Sheridan College and UTM, so I know the importance of the practical skills that go along with the academic ones.

I'm really not sure where I'm headed career-wise. I applied to the iSchool with public librarianship on the brain, but I've realized that being a "librarian" in that sense only touches what's right on the surface of LIS. I keep telling myself I have some time before I have to figure all that out... In the meantime, I'm really looking forward to the rest of this course, and to doing this blogging thing, which is also new for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.