Sunday 17 January 2016

Week 1: Introduction

Hi all!

I'm a second year LIS and ARM Student, looking to take courses in my final semester that are a bit different from my past selections. Over the past few years I've worked on several digitization projects, where the electronic version of documents was valued over the print - but I've also worked in a law firm, where the paper copy was considered the only legitimate copy. I find this dichotomy both striking and slightly confusing, and I'm interested in learning a bit more about the various practices and politics that surround the transformation of texts (of all sorts) into digital objects. I'm also interested simply because I'm not quite sure where I stand myself! While I prefer having a physical book/article/paper in my hands, I also enjoy the ability to search items within digital materials.. I guess I will just have to wait until the invention of an item that somehow bridges the two.

Also looking forward to brushing up on my XML skills a bit of course!

Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.